THINGS I LOVE: ADEN + ANAIS BURPY BIBS
When I was given a wad of kidney shaped padded muslins with popper fastenings for my newborn I was slightly non-plussed. Hmmm. Strange. Not a muslin, not a bib, not a mat really. Lovely pattern and very soft though… Little did I know that a burpy bib or two would become one of my essential packing items. aden + anais burpy bibs how do I love thee? Let me count the ways:
1) As a shoulder protector (especially for guests) from my incredible human milk-jug. Much thicker than a normal muslin and less flyaway it is the ultimate up chuck barrier. (yes this is what it is meant for)
2) As a mini changing mat or a quick way to make the travel changing mat a lot more comfy.
3) As a dribble stopper and general mopper upper.
4) As a bib that stops food from landing on shoulders and staining clothes (another thing it is actually meant for)
5) As a mattress/sheet protector under his head in the pram – perfect!
6) As a make-shift sun hat. Fasten the poppers to make a little bonnet or headscarf that doesn’t fall off. Phew!
7) To place on your chest to stop dribble transfer when baby is inward facing in the sling.
8) To neatly cover the sling edge when baby is facing out in the sling.
Officially a must-have.
Burpy bibs, £13.95 for singles and £17.95 for two, aden + anais